- “The Artiste” means Mr Nick Reade
- “The Booking” means the reservation by the Client for the date on which the Artiste’s Services are required;
- “The Booking Form” means the Artiste’s standard booking form setting out details of the Booking;
- “The Client” means the person, organisation or company by whom the Booking is made;
- “The Contract” means the agreement between the Artiste and the Client for the provision of the Artiste’s Services as set out in the Booking Form and incorporating these Terms and Conditions;
- “The Date” means the day and time on which the Artiste’s Services are required;
- “The Services” means the performance of the Artiste’s magic act or services;
- Upon receipt of an enquiry the Artiste shall make a provisional booking for the Date and shall send the Booking Form to the Client for signature. The return of the Booking Form subject to 2.2 below shall constitute the Contract.
- The Booking shall remain provisional until the return by the Client of the signed Booking Form and the clearance of any deposit requested. If the signed Booking Form and any deposit requested are not returned to the Artiste within 14 days of their issue or, if requested by the Artiste within 48 hours prior to the Date, the Booking shall lapse and the Artiste shall be entitled to provide his Services elsewhere.
- The Artiste reserves the right to require a deposit of between 25 & 50% to be paid at the time of return of the signed Booking Form.
- Payment of the balance must be received by the Artiste (cheque or BACS) no later than 7 days prior to event or as agreed.
- All payments shall be made in pounds sterling (£).
- Failure to Perform
- If the Artiste cannot perform the Services due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond his control for the avoidance of doubt, due to the Artiste’s illness, transportation problems in the UK or abroad, then the Artiste will at their discretion, supply a suitable replacement of equal skill, however if a suitable replacement is not available then the Artiste will return any sums received to the client, but shall have no further liability to the Client with respect to the Contract.
- Cancellation by the Client
- The Client is advised to take out insurance against any cancellation of the Booking.
- In the unfortunate event that the Client has to cancel the Booking the Client must notify the Artiste in writing and shall forfeit any deposit already paid and is liable to make such further payment as is required to amount in total to the following percentages of the fee:
Booking Terms & Conditions
90 days prior to the Date
Between 90 and 30 days prior to the Date
Within 30 days prior to the Date
Percentage of total fee payable before
- The Contract incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of the Contract must be in writing and signed by both parties. Any waiver of a breach or default hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver or subsequent breach or default of either the same provision or any other provision of the Contract.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions.
- The Contract shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts