1) This Booking Confirmation shall remain valid for acceptance for a period of 14 days and must be accepted by The Client in its entirety.
i) “The booking” means the reservation by the client for the date/s on which the services are required.
ii) “The Artiste” means Nick Reade or the nominated performer.
iii) “The Client” means the person, organisation or company by whom the booking is made.
iiii) “The Contract” means the agreement between the Artiste/s and the Client for the provision of the Artiste’s services as set out in the booking form and incorporating these terms and conditions.
2) Any variation to the Services stated must be agreed in writing.
3) The Client will be invoiced for the Performance Fee plus any Other Services agreed on the Booking Confirmation. The Client shall settle this invoice by the due date stated unless otherwise agreed in writing.
i) The Artiste reserves the right to require a deposit as agreed with the client to be paid at the time of signing the booking form.
ii) All payments shall be made in pounds sterling (£).
4) Interest may be charged on all late payments at a rate of 8% per annum above the Bank Of England base rate. Reasonable expenses incurred in obtaining payment from The Client where any payment due is late may also be charged.
5) In the unfortunate event that The Client cancels an Engagement they must notify the Artiste in writing and shall forfeit any deposit already paid and is liable to pay cancellation charges as follows:
i) Cancellation over 90 days prior to the Event Date: No Fee
ii) Cancellation made 60-90 days prior to the Event Date: 50% of Total Invoice
ii) Cancellation made 30-60 days prior to the Event Date: 75% of Total Invoice
iii) Cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the Event Date: 100% of Total Invoice
6) If the venue provided by The Client is unable to accommodate the Acts(s) and the Act(s) is/are unable to perform for this reason The Client will be liable for cancellation charges as outlined above.
7) The Client shall provide a suitable performance area for the Act(s) and ensure there is an adequate power supply which meets industry standards if electrical equipment is to be used as part of the performance.
8) Where any Act is expected to wear stage clothing The Client must provide adequate dressing room facilities. Public toilets are unacceptable.
9) The Client agrees that if any Act is threatened, abused verbally or physically by anyone present at the performance then the Act will be entitled not to perform, without penalty. All Fees will remain payable by The Client .
10) The Client must hold adequate insurance policies in respect of any Engagement.
11) The Client is responsible for obtaining any work permits or other approvals for the Act(s) prior to the commencement of an Engagement.
12) Any changes to the performance schedule will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
13) If changes are required to the performance schedule on the day of the event these changes should be discussed with the Supplier where possible, otherwise agreement should be reached between the Client and the Act(s).
14) In the event that any Act is unable to complete a performance due to a delay in the start of the performance schedule, where such delay is no fault of the Act, the Client shall remain liable to pay the full Fee due.
15) Should the Act(s) be required by the Client to extend the length of the performance, a further fee may be charged as agreed between the parties.
16) An Act is not obligated to finish any performance that has started late due to the Clients actions or to extend the length of any performance.
17) If the Artiste cannot perform the services due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond his control including for the avoidance of doubt, due to the Artistes illness, travel delays, overseas travel issues then the Artiste will at their discretion supply a suitable replacement of equal skill, however if a suitable replacement is not available then the Artiste will return any sums received to the client,but shall have no further liability to the client with respect to the contract.
18) These Terms and Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions.
19) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.